I am a PhD-student at the Software Languages Lab, which is part of the Computer Science Department of the Faculty of Sciences at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
I am funded by a doctoral scholarship from the Flemish Institute for the Improvement of the Scientifical-Technological Research in the Industry (IWT).
can be found here.
I'm teaching assistant for the Structuur van Computerprogramma's 1 course (Prof. V. Jonckers). Previously I was assistant for "Gedistribueerde Systemen" (Prof. T. Van Cutsem, 2012-2013 and 2013-2014) and "Inleiding tot de Computerwetenschappen" (Prof. W. De Meuter & Prof. V. Jonckers, 2012-2013 and 2013-2014).
I was part of a team that gave a workshop on "Programming your own Wii" and a crash course Python for participants of the "Informatica Olympiade".
I guided the following students with their bachelor/master thesis:
- Diel Caroes [Bachelor Thesis] "Using State of the Art Web Technology for Rich Internet Applications", 2012-2013
- Jo De Neve [Bachelor Thesis] "An IDE for Tierless Programming", 2014-2015, 2015-2016
- Tim Coppieters [Master Thesis] "Eventual Consistency in Web Applications", 2013-2014
- Diel Caroes [Master Thesis] "Failure Handling in Tierless Programming", 2014-2015
- Xinran Al [Master Thesis] "Tier Splitting using Static Analysis", 2014-2015